2. WHAT INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
(a) Information You Provide to Us:
(b) Information Collected Automatically:
- Whenever you interact with our Website, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, “cookie” information, and the page you requested.
- When we collect usage information (such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site), we only use this data in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. For example, this aggregate data tells us how often customers use parts of the Website, so that we can make the Website appealing to as many customers as possible. We may also provide this aggregate information to our partners, so that they can understand how often people use their services and our Website, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. We never disclose aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
(c) E-mail and Other Communications:
We may contact you, by email or other means; for example, we may send you promotional offers on behalf of other businesses, or communicate with you about your use of the Website. If you do not want to receive email or other mail from us, please indicate your preference through your account settings. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make emails more interesting and improve our service.
3. WILL COMPANY SHARE ANY OF THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information with third parties only as described below.
- (a) Advertisers:
We may allow advertisers to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and we may provide information we have collected from you to an advertiser in non-personally-identifiable form, in order for that advertiser to select the appropriate audience for its advertisements. For example, we might use your interest in buying a home to show you ads for mortgage brokers, but we do not tell the mortgage brokerage company who you are, nor does the mortgage brokerage ever see the Personal Information in your account.
- (b) Affiliated Businesses and Third Party Websites We Do Not Control:
In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we’re affiliated with may sell items or provide services to you through the Website (either alone or jointly with us). We may, for example, sell products or provide services jointly with affiliated businesses, or work with third party websites to enhance your online experience. You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. One such service may include the ability for you to choose to automatically transmit information you input on the Website to your profile on a third party website; for example, you may update your contact information on the Website and allow that update to also be reflected in your Facebook account. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to allow the automatic transmissions discussed above, please review all third party websites’ policies before engaging in such automatic transmissions on the Website.
- (c) Agents:
We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. For example, if you were to engage in a credit card transaction via the Website, we would need to allow a credit card processing company to verify the transaction; however, that company would only be authorized to use your credit card information to the extent we needed their assistance in completing your transaction.
- (d) Business Transfers:
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Also, if we (or substantially all of our assets) are acquired, or if we are reorganized or go through some other change of control, Personal Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party. We will try to give you advance notice if your Personal Information will be transferred to a third party in this manner, so that you can delete your account with us if you choose.
- (e) Protection of Company and Others:
We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- (f) With Your Consent:
Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
4. IS PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ME SECURE?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
5. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION CAN I ACCESS?
Through your account settings, you may access and, in some cases, change or delete certain information you’ve provided to us. The information you can view and update through your account may change as the Website changes. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at email@example.com .
6. WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
- You can always opt not to disclose information to use, but keep in mind some information may be needed to take advantage of some of our special features.
- You may be able to add or update certain information as explained in Section V above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your account by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that some information may remain in our private records after deletion of your account. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your personal information after you delete your account, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
8. QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to email@example.com . We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective January, 2022